Update

I know I've been quiet lately and here's why -

Last month I went with the family to NYC and spent some quality time there.  We took in a Mets game and caught the Yeah Yeah Yeah's with Har Mar Superstar at Barclay's center in Brooklyn.  I also stopped by Matt Umanov Guitars and bought a new Seagull guitar which sounds and plays beautifully.  I can't wait to start recording with it.  Which is another reason I've been busy.  I've been writing and practicing with any spare time I have outside of work and I hope to be able to start playing out some songs early next year.
All in all it was a good time and I can't wait to go back.  Hopefully next time it will be for my own show or two.

In a few days we'll be getting on a plane again to catch the VooDoo Experience in New Orleans.  I've never seen Peal Jam or The Cure before, so I'm super excited for that.  I'm also really excited to see Nine Inch Nails again.  They always put on a terrific show.

When we return I will be hitting the production hard again.  I'm so close to completing "Northland" which I hope sees a digital release this year.  When that's done I can start recording some of the new songs.  I just set up a new work station in my home studio running Ardour on Mint Linux 15, and I'm eager to break it in.

As far a project TomCat goes...  I've got some songs written and I'm ready to demo them.  I need some mics for drums and once I get the demos I will need to actively seek help from those who want to be involved.  This project is getting bigger than I imagined and is a little daunting.  I need to stay diligent though.  I don't want this turning into another 10-year project like "Northland" has become.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should I blame myself for my failed ambitions?

Some things good are coming.