Am I getting more lame the older I get?

My initial thought:

When I was a teenager I felt like I was some kind of special shit.  I thought I was so cool and edgy and that would never change.  Fast forward to my thirties and now I'm as lame as anyone else's dad.  It just sort of happens.  You grow older and get stuck in your routines and responsibilities.  All of a sudden your that guy walking his wife's dumb-ass dog in the suburbs wearing khaki's and a polo shirt.  What the fuck ever happened?  I would have never been caught dead dressed like that, 10 years ago even.

After some reflection:

The thing is, I like reading books and taking naps.  I like drinking tea and watching a good movie rather than going to a club or bar.  Is that me being lame, or do I just know what I like?

The clothing I have an excuse for.  I have a job that provides income to fund my life.  I need to dress appropriate for that job or I might lose it and not get paid.  I have no excuse for the dog.  I hate him.

What about the rut I'm in?  Who ever said anything about a rut?  I like naps, books and tea.  I think you're crazy if you don't.  I don't like clubs.  I'm married.  What purpose do I have there if I'm not picking up chicks?  I certainly am not dancing to the shitty music they play there.  I'd rather kick back and listen to something worth while at home where I can enjoy it.

So am I really getting more lame, or am I just more in tune to what I like.  Is it simply that my priorities are straight?  Is it really a bad thing that I don't wear metal tees every day of the week anymore?  I still like metal tees, but I usually wear them while fixing the car or doing yard work.

Conclusion:

I like my life for the most part.  If you think I'm lame, screw you.  I think you're a pretentious fuck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some things good are coming.

The hunger and anticipation of a new project.