I vaguely remember a time when I had a fire that burned deeply within my soul. The embers were hot and seared my flesh spilling flames outward for all to see. There was nothing that could smother my burning desire to express this passion. My fire was being a musician. I would sacrifice anything and everything I had or was to be in a band or play on stage. I made poor life decisions altering my adulthood forever just so I could get the next gig, or to share the stage with one of my idols. I was all in and nothing stood in my way from reaching the top. Nothing except of course what happens to the majority of aspiring musicians that never realize their dreams. I grew up. Life as it seems has it's way of getting people stuck in a rut. You get that job that is supposed to sustain your creativity, however it becomes the very thing that stifles it. You make a few small sacrifices at first, but over time making bigger sacrifices becomes ...
Prince.
ReplyDelete